Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Flashback Q regarding statistics (merged 2)
Flashback Q regarding statistics (merged 2) [message #545457] Wed, 29 February 2012 09:41 Go to next message
goharverygogogo
Hi all,

I am looking at a performance issue at the moment and trying to replicate on a test system. I am initially looking at the impact of upto-date statistics on the main schema's objects.

For this I wanted to:

first run the batch with whatever stats were present in the database
Flashback the db to before the batch
Gather stats
Re-run the batch with updated stats and compare results.

However, I inadvertently ran the stats job before running the load the first time! I have the SCN from when the environment was set up like production (ie before the stats were run) so am I correct in saying that if I flashback to this point then the stats will be "old" and I can just run the batch then? I know I can verify this when I Flashback the database by looking at LAST_ANALYZED on tables etc but it would be good to know this before hand as it's a 12 hour batch.

Thanks (and I hope I have explained this OK).

H

PS: If anyone has any official Oracle link to the treatment of statistics with Flashback Database then that would be great too.

Re: Flashback Q regarding statistics (merged 2) [message #545461 is a reply to message #545457] Wed, 29 February 2012 09:48 Go to previous message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

A database flashback is functionally identical to an incomplete recovery. So after the flashback, you statistics will be as they were - as will evwerything else.

hth, John.
Previous Topic: Move partition to cache
Next Topic: duplicate datafile name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:27:39 CDT 2024