Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle and Active Directory services
Oracle and Active Directory services [message #546770] Thu, 08 March 2012 14:52 Go to next message
pfm200586
Hello everyone,

What two Active Directory services are stopped when you install Active Directory before Oracle 10g?
I know the error message for that and I know why it happened but I just need to know the two services so I can start them again. I think it happened because I installed Active Directory first so when I installed Oracle second it stopped two services and I just need to know them. The error message is:

Active Directory is missing binaries, please restart and try again

Thank you

Regards.
Re: Oracle and Active Directory services [message #546776 is a reply to message #546770] Thu, 08 March 2012 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
is Active Directory a Microsoft product?
Re: Oracle and Active Directory services [message #546783 is a reply to message #546776] Thu, 08 March 2012 19:11 Go to previous message
pfm200586
Yes

Active Directory (AD) is a directory service created by Microsoft for Windows domain networks. It is included in most Windows Server operating systems. Server computers on which Active Directory is running are called domain controllers.
Active Directory serves as a central location for network administration and security. It is responsible for authenticating and authorizing all users and computers within a network of Windows domain type, assigning and enforcing security policies for all computers in a network and installing or updating software on network computers. For example, when a user logs into a computer that is part of a Windows domain, it is Active Directory that verifies his or her password and specifies whether he or she is a system administrator or normal user.[1]
Active Directory uses Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) versions 2 and 3, Kerberos and DNS.

The information above is retrieved from Wikipedia.
Previous Topic: Tablespace issue on certain workstations
Next Topic: UTL_SMTP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:38:18 CDT 2024