Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Change current redo log size in oracle mount stage (oracle 10.2 solaris)
Change current redo log size in oracle mount stage [message #557108] Fri, 08 June 2012 23:46 Go to next message
reyazan
We have one primary oracle database 10.2 and standby by database with no data guard.

Initially we have 2 redo log group in primary and standby database.

We have recently add 2 more redo log and increase the size of log member from 50m to 200m in primary database.

We don't have any problem in primary database.but in standby database we face a problem because we cannot open it. It always in mount stage in which
How we change the size of current redo log because we can't run

Alter system switch logfile command in mount stage.

Please provide the steps

[Updated on: Fri, 08 June 2012 23:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Change current redo log size in oracle mount stage [message #557117 is a reply to message #557108] Sat, 09 June 2012 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I see no-one else has answered, so I'll try.

I do not think you will be able to adjust the online logs on the standby, and you shouldn't need to: when you activate the standby, they will be created by OPEN RESETLOGS.
What happens when you try to apply the archivelog files to the standby? If they apply OK, then you need do nothing more. If they do not apply, I would create a new standby controlfile, and try the apply again. If that doesn't work, re-create the standby.

That is what I would do - but I don't know if it will work.
Re: Change current redo log size in oracle mount stage [message #557121 is a reply to message #557117] Sat, 09 June 2012 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reyazan
Thank for reply i know online log are no required in standby database while applied logs.
but when i open standby database as primary then i need online redo log .

Right now we are using 2 online redo logs size 200M in primary so we want same as in standby database.
Re: Change current redo log size in oracle mount stage [message #557127 is a reply to message #557121] Sat, 09 June 2012 04:44 Go to previous message
John Watson
Quote:
when you activate the standby, they will be created by OPEN RESETLOGS.
Previous Topic: Stale Stats
Next Topic: grant of create any synonym on a user via DB link
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:45:57 CDT 2024