Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » My boss needs a neutral outside opinion to decide the policy of management for these Databases (Oracle 10gR2 on windows)
My boss needs a neutral outside opinion to decide the policy of management for these Databases [message #557979] Mon, 18 June 2012 07:22 Go to next message
tajmir
Hi every one,

BI Developer Team would perform the following listed points ON PRODUCTION Data Marts using Oracle Enterprise Manager. As they have any administration knowledge, I do not want to give them access to Enterprise Manager. So, I have developed procedures that allow them to do these tasks easy and securely. But they would not use my tools and say these are not graphic tools, as if execution of a procedure (execute procedure_name) was difficult from Toad or other tools.

My boss needs a neutral outside opinion to decide the policy of management for these Databases.
Questions to answer are :

1. Do you endorse and approve what ask BI Developer Team?
    2. Or want you tell to my boss that they must comply with my tools and use it?
    3. If you approve their demand, how to give access them to some part of Oracle Enterprise manager without giving them Full access?

List of tasks Developers would to do:

1. Follow the solicitation of the database.
    2. View user's queries.
    3. Identify the longest, the most common queries in database.
    4. View and delete locks.
    5. Managing Tablespaces.
    6. Kill user sessions.
    7. Execute and/or schedule batch jobs on the database from the OEM interface.

Thinks for your response.
Regards

Some of procedures that I have developped.

1. Show size of the TEST Tablespaces

SQL> exec GES_TBS.show_tbs('TEST');
TABLESPACE_NAME  FILE_NAME                             SIZE_MO AUTOEXTENSIBLE   MAX_EXT_MO 
---------------- ------------------------------------ -------- -------------- ------------ 
TEST             F:\ORACLE\DATA\PDMRH\TEST01.DBF            10 YES                    1024

2. Increase the size of datafile to 20 MO

SQL> exec GES_TBS.RESIZE_DATA_FILE('F:\ORACLE\DATA\PDMRH\TEST01.DBF',20);

3. Add a Datafile to TEST Tablespace

SQL> exec GES_TBS.ADD_DATA_FILE('TEST','F:\ORACLE\DATA\PDMRH\TEST02.DBF', 10);

4. Verify the new datafile and size of TEST Tablespace

SQL>  exec GES_TBS.show_tbs('TEST'); 
TABLESPACE_NAME  FILE_NAME                            SIZE_MO AUTOEXTENSIBLE   MAX_EXT_MO
---------------- ----------------------------------- -------- -------------- ------------
TEST             F:\ORACLE\DATA\PDMRH\TEST01.DBF           20 YES                    1024
TEST             F:\ORACLE\DATA\PDMRH\TEST02.DBF           10 YES                   32768

[Updated on: Mon, 18 June 2012 08:20] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: My boss needs a neutral outside opinion to decide the policy of management for these Databases [message #557984 is a reply to message #557979] Mon, 18 June 2012 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Before answering, check the 3 days long discussion on the subject at:

http://www.dba-village.com/village/dvp_forum.OpenThread?ThreadIdA=52180&SkipA=0

Regards
Michel
Re: My boss needs a neutral outside opinion to decide the policy of management for these Databases [message #557988 is a reply to message #557984] Mon, 18 June 2012 08:05 Go to previous message
tajmir
Hi Michel,

New questions are posted, I need your response to show it to my boss. Could-you please reply to new questions.
Thanks for your help.

Regards
Tajmir.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 June 2012 08:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: oradebug
Next Topic: changing time zone on solaris
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:19:16 CDT 2024