Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » Php gets stuck when inserting data to Oracle DB (SunOS 5.10 = SPARC / Solaris 10)
Php gets stuck when inserting data to Oracle DB [message #563381] Mon, 13 August 2012 06:37 Go to next message
jomitt
I have a strange problem connecting to Oracle database with php:

SELECT statements function OK and very fast. But UPDATE satements take forever to run, even a small query updating one row leaves the web browser loading the page for minutes, before the page is ready. trying to make several update queries takes too long and the website finally gives up. Yet the queries take effect on the database, the update queries do their job OK, which can be checked with SELECt statements.

I have tried oci_execute with and without OCI_NO_AUTO_COMMIT, and with or without actually committing the query to database. Same problem in all cases, also when doing oci_execute with OCI_NO_AUTO_COMMIT and immediately oci_rollback.

I have php Oracle Database 10g Release 10.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production, running on SunOS 5.10 = SPARC / Solaris 10.

I am connecting to the database with php 5.3.3-7+squeeze13, which is on a different computer than the Oracle, in the same local network.
Re: Php gets stuck when inserting data to Oracle DB [message #563383 is a reply to message #563381] Mon, 13 August 2012 07:04 Go to previous message
jomitt
When I run the same update query in sqlplus directly on the Oracle server (in ssh session), it works OK and fast.
Previous Topic: ODBC Driver not found
Next Topic: Causes and prevention of computer data loss?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:39:57 CDT 2024