Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » dba_audit_mgmt cleanup jobs dataguard (Oracle Release 11.2.0.3.0 Linux SLES 11.2)
dba_audit_mgmt cleanup jobs dataguard [message #585712] Wed, 29 May 2013 04:42 Go to next message
orded
I have created a cleanup job for audit files and rows from aud$ table, which is in sysaux tablespace. On the database works perfect, but it doesn´t work on the dataguard. When I try to create the same job on the dataguard, i get a message, that the same job already exists. In views, or in scheduled jobs i can´t see it.
Is it possible to configure this job on dataguard too, and when yes, how?

I used this code:
BEGIN
DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT.INIT_CLEANUP(
audit_trail_type => dbms_audit_mgmt.AUDIT_TRAIL_ALL,
default_cleanup_interval => 24); -->The default time interval, in hours, after which the cleanup procedure should be called.
end;
/

BEGIN
DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT.CREATE_PURGE_JOB (
AUDIT_TRAIL_TYPE => DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT.AUDIT_TRAIL_ALL,
AUDIT_TRAIL_PURGE_INTERVAL => 24,
AUDIT_TRAIL_PURGE_NAME => 'CLEANUP',
USE_LAST_ARCH_TIMESTAMP => TRUE );
END;
/

I have also created a job, to change the timestamp from audit trails every day :

DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT.SET_LAST_ARCHIVE_TIMESTAMP(
audit_trail_type => DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT.AUDIT_TRAIL_OS,
last_archive_time => SYSDATE-3);
DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT.SET_LAST_ARCHIVE_TIMESTAMP(
audit_trail_type => DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT.AUDIT_TRAIL_AUD_STD,
last_archive_time => SYSDATE-3);
END;

Re: dba_audit_mgmt cleanup jobs dataguard [message #585713 is a reply to message #585712] Wed, 29 May 2013 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

You are missing a crucial point: removing rows from the audit trail on the primary will generate redo, which is propagated to the standby. What do you think this means for the audit trail on the standby?
Re: dba_audit_mgmt cleanup jobs dataguard [message #585773 is a reply to message #585713] Wed, 29 May 2013 12:18 Go to previous message
orded
Thanks for a quick reply.
Please don´t mind if I ask stupid questions. I´m beginner with Oracle. Actually, i work with it only 3 Months. Only thing I know, is that I have to read a lot... sometimes also ask someone Smile
My goal is to manage audit trails, and to avoid that my sysaux tablespace gets full. Also the management of .aud files in Linux. We had a problem, that there was to much of these files in /adump folder.
I have solved this problem with changing the timestamp from OS audit Trail and creating cleanup job.
I have also found in Interet, that it´s possible to manage Standard audit Trail, also changing the timestamp.
After controling cleanup jobs, i´have seen that the number of rows in $aud table is also smaller.
I suppose, it also helps keeping the use of sysaux tablespace smaller.
Do you think it gets with redo also on standby applied?
Maybe it works with aud$ table, i didn´t check it, but .aud files are not being deleted for sure.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 May 2013 12:23]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: JavaArch8v3 with Oracle 11g
Next Topic: Upgrade of DB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:15:35 CDT 2024