Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Incoming / outcoming (dblinks) connections (oracle 10g x64 aix 5.3)
Incoming / outcoming (dblinks) connections [message #642311] Mon, 07 September 2015 14:20 Go to next message
thorin666
Hello guys.
I need to see all (in the last month) incoming connections (without using listener.log file) cause i have not access to the FS, only just by sqlplus.

BTW, i have few dblinks and i must know which is used and which not (to drop it in a future).

I was thinking using v$dblink but shows the actual dblink status not the history or last activity.

Regards
Re: Incoming / outcoming (dblinks) connections [message #642313 is a reply to message #642311] Mon, 07 September 2015 14:59 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
If AUDIT was not previously enabled, no such history is kept inside the DB.

Realize that the DBLINK inside any DB to which you are connected is essentially an "outgoing" link.
The DBLINK allows this database to act as a client & connect to some remote database.

Listener.log file reports only new connections to this database; which may or may not use a DBLINK that resides in a different database.
This database does not know or care if the remote client used a DBLINK or not to connect to it.
There is no query that can definitively report a DBLINK was used to initiate the connection by any session.

If AUDIT was not previously enabled, no such history is kept inside the DB.
Previous Topic: Modify other schema's Package
Next Topic: Configure/Install Audit Vault
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:36:22 CDT 2024