Home » Other » General » Unique Identifier for Beneficiaries / Biometrics?
Unique Identifier for Beneficiaries / Biometrics? [message #646815] Sun, 10 January 2016 04:39 Go to next message
elmousa68
I presume this is a general problem and I am presenting it in the manner we are facing it in our situation.

My institution services the citizens of my country in several capacities. Hence our system was designed to work with an identifier for each citizen (government issued). However, as the system was put into real world operation, there were many cases where the use of this identifier was not possible.

Some beneficiaries were of a different nationality and no identifier can be used in this case. There were instances where the id's (bearing the government identifier) were not available. This lead to the same person being entered twice or more into the system.

Is there a way to identify persons in a computer system in such a way as to guarantee there would be no duplicates?

Can biometrics (finger print, face scan etc.) be used and how?

Are there any other solutions?

Thank you.
Re: Unique Identifier for Beneficiaries / Biometrics? [message #646816 is a reply to message #646815] Sun, 10 January 2016 04:59 Go to previous message
John Watson
You could start your research here,
http://www.oracle.com/us/products/middleware/identity-management/overview/index.html
Previous Topic: Need your suggest to make image
Next Topic: New oracle rdbms version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:39:08 CDT 2024