Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to print fixed position text at the bottom of last page? (Oracle Report 6i)
How to print fixed position text at the bottom of last page? [message #663715] Thu, 15 June 2017 02:47 Go to next message
shajahanaman
Hi,

I am trying to print a "Fixed no of details" at the end of a report. The report can run into multiple pages(repeating frame) and "Fixed no of details" should always appear at the bottom of the last page ie. fixed "location" on last page.
I am aware of the "last page" etc properties but Reports 6 doesn't accept that, pointing to mismatch with the frame's "print on" first page property. i am getting the error message "Illegal Print Condition".
At the moment the details has been put outside the first repeating frame which is "fixed vertically" and this means that the "details" space is wasted on all but the last page.

Appreciate your support.
Re: How to print fixed position text at the bottom of last page? [message #663716 is a reply to message #663715] Thu, 15 June 2017 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't use Reports 6i. However, in 10g version, in Paper Layout Editor, in its "top (horizontal)" toolbar, there are 3 icons which are named Header / Main / Trailer Section. Trailer section will always print at the end of the report so - try to use it.

Yet another idea: if I understood you correctly, you have to print that information on a fixed location. Try to put all that into its own frame and anchor the frame to the top margin of its parent frame.
Re: How to print fixed position text at the bottom of last page? [message #663717 is a reply to message #663716] Thu, 15 June 2017 03:25 Go to previous message
shajahanaman
Actually here we are using report 6i as our application is in form 6i. I tried to put it outside of main frame. but it is printing in all pages. report is not working for the parameters if i set - Print Page on: Last Page and Base Printing on: Anchoring Object.
Previous Topic: If Condition to Run Report
Next Topic: REP-1825: Before Report trigger returned FALSE.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:50:39 CDT 2024