Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Unable to install Oracle APEX 5 or failed installation of APEX 5 (APEX5, Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (12.1.0.2.0), Windows 7 professional 64 bit )
Unable to install Oracle APEX 5 or failed installation of APEX 5 [message #666145] Tue, 17 October 2017 11:51 Go to next message
buggleboy007
Hi all,

Last night I reformatted my computer and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 professional. After this I installed Oracle12c enterprise edition database 64 bit (no Java RTE or nothing connected to Java was or has been installed so far). Oracle 12c Release 1 installation was successful (I choose to install without selecting "Create as Container Database" option). End of the day this installation was successful.

Then I downloaded Oracle APEX 5.0 (I did not deliberately download APEX 5.1) and ran the installation procedure as per Oracle documentation and also observing a few videos on You tube. The apex install (.sql) file installation was successful. Then I ran the apex_epg_config.sql file and was constantly getting errors that said "ORA-22288". It appears that the images did not load successfully and finally when I typed my local host address on chrome browser. I got the environment issue error.

I even ran the reset image .sql file by following this article
[url=I even ran the reset image .sql file by following this article : https://ruepprich.wordpress.com/2011/04/14/changing-the-image-path-andor-directory-in-apex/][/url]

I have reformatted my computer two times but to no avail. I have deliberately chosen not to install too many things/other software at this time. Do you think non installation of Java RE or any Java development component or middleware like webserver is the reason behind this issue?

I am unable to attach the error files because I do not see the browse button at the bottom as mentioned in "the faq's section". However I have posted the same link on OTN site with error screenshots https://community.oracle.com/thread/4090256

Could any one guide me what the issue is?
Thanks
Re: Unable to install Oracle APEX 5 or failed installation of APEX 5 [message #666146 is a reply to message #666145] Tue, 17 October 2017 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buggleboy007
or should I be running the apex_epg_config.sql as:

SQL>@apex_epg_config.sql <Oracle home directory of WINDOWS> ? (based on http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/551691/?srch=APEX+5+Installation#msg_551691 )
Re: Unable to install Oracle APEX 5 or failed installation of APEX 5 [message #666148 is a reply to message #666145] Tue, 17 October 2017 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You should be installing the current version, 5.1.3. There is no possible reason to use the old one (which I didn't think was still legally available).

When you run the apex_epg_config.sql script you give it the directory where you unzipped APEX. That is where it will look for the images.
Re: Unable to install Oracle APEX 5 or failed installation of APEX 5 [message #666149 is a reply to message #666148] Tue, 17 October 2017 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buggleboy007
Quote:
When you run the apex_epg_config.sql script you give it the directory where you unzipped APEX
I did run it exactly as you suggested i.e:

SQL>@apex_epg_config.sql C:\temp\apex_5.0_en\apex

I downloaded the zip file to temp directory on C drive and then unzipped it and then it creates the "apex_5.0_en" folder. That's how I ran the sql script using sys as sysdba.

The old version (5.0) is still available on Oracle's site and is placed under "archives". I downloaded it off their site. The reason for using version 5.0 is simply because the I am unable to create a proper master/detail forms and reports (as mentioned in Apress's Beginning APEX 5.0 book). There are some differences between 5.0 and the latest version. I would like to stick with 5.0 and not with the latest one at the moment.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 October 2017 12:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to install Oracle APEX 5 or failed installation of APEX 5 [message #666175 is a reply to message #666149] Wed, 18 October 2017 08:37 Go to previous message
buggleboy007
I fixed this issue myself. At least on my computer, Oracle 12c with APEX 5 was just not getting installed properly. So I had to reformat my computer twice again(so far had to reformat it 4-5 times) and then install 11g after which installation of APEX 5 was successful.
Previous Topic: how to change Document Direction in apex run time
Next Topic: Build new apex App.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:52:55 CDT 2024