Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Apex 5.1 (Apex 2 day guide ( previous))
Apex 5.1 [message #669676] Mon, 07 May 2018 06:04 Go to next message
detasad
Is there a similar guide for Apex 5.1 . I had develop a small application 4 years back with apex and it was easy. However online workspace and database is missing now .

how can I develop an application ,, do you have a step by step guide . I have downloade apex but find it difficult to install . Kindly help.
Re: Apex 5.1 [message #669677 is a reply to message #669676] Mon, 07 May 2018 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If you created that application on apex.oracle.com, although they (Oracle) have upgraded the system since, they might have left the workspace "alive" if you used it. Before purging everything you've had, they sent an e-mail saying that they are going to do that. If you didn't respond nor used your applications, it is gone forever.

There's, however, a new instance on the same web site, alive and kicking (I use it all the time for quick testing purposes).

Documentation is available on Oracle Technology Network. I'm not sure what you mean that it is "difficult to install" ... if you follow the installation guide, then it isn't that difficult. Accept all the defaults and you're good to go.

Otherwise, if you download and install Oracle 11g Express Edition (XE) database, you'll get Apex as well, pre-installed with the database (I'm not sure which version you'd get; 4.x, I think).
Re: Apex 5.1 [message #669691 is a reply to message #669677] Tue, 08 May 2018 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
detasad
Thanks , the URL is https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=4550:1:8402823371581:

ITSERVICE

ariffcal@gmail.com

password Alimuddin123 .

Is this good for ADF ( it is saying it is native Application Development Framework ) . I can not do a database application .

I have installed oracle webcenterportal ( virtual machine ) . However it does not have oracle BPM ( extension ) .

There are 7 files to download from oracle website for virtual machine , the 2 and 5 download is giving problems ( corrupted , while downloading ) .

How can I add oracle BPM to webcenterPortal
Re: Apex 5.1 [message #669705 is a reply to message #669691] Tue, 08 May 2018 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I can't log in; what is "ITSERVICE"? I entered it for the workspace name. E-mail address is username, but I keep getting the invalid username/password error so I quit trying.

Quote:

I can not do a database application
Why not? In SQL Workspace, you'd create tables and other database objects you'd use during application development.

Quote:

I have installed oracle webcenterportal etc.
From this point on, I don't understand a single word. I don't know what "webcenterportal" is, nor I know what "BPM" represents, nor I know which files you tried to download, and certainly don't know how to add oracle BPM to webcenterPortal. Sorry, someone else will have to jump in, I'm clueless.
Re: Apex 5.1 [message #669711 is a reply to message #669705] Wed, 09 May 2018 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
detasad
Thanks , the URL is https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=4550:1:8402823371581:

Database ITSERVICE

ariffcal@gmail.com

password Alimuddin123 .

Is Apex similar to ADF ( it is saying it is native Application Development Framework ) . How can I connect to an external database from Apex .

"Oracle WebCenter Portal is a web platform for creating intranets, extranets, composite applications, and self-service portals. It provides users a more secure and efficient means to consume information and interact with applications, processes, and users.

> Create and manage role-based portals for desktops, tablets, and mobile devices.
> Leverage a pre-built library of reusable components.
> Use a comprehensive yet flexible set of development tools for building and deploying custom built components."

I have installed oracle webcenterportal ( virtual machine ) . However it does not have oracle Business Process Management ( extension ) .

Re: Apex 5.1 [message #669712 is a reply to message #669711] Wed, 09 May 2018 02:45 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'll comment only what I can:

Quote:

How can I connect to an external database from Apex
You can not. apex.oracle.com allows you to work with a local database (local to that server, not your own), and gives you a limited quota. I think it was 25 MB or something like that, but you can ask Oracle to double it (which I did, once, and it was granted). Though, that's way too small to do anything serious. Besides, you shouldn't create your "production" application on apex.oracle.com (that's written somewhere in the agreement document, I think).
Previous Topic: oracle BPM
Next Topic: Activity statistics per APEX workspace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:51:50 CDT 2024